Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of year that I dislike so much.  Everyone makes New Year's resolutions to exercise more.  I think it is great that people become concerned with their health and well-being, but it bothers me that they start in January.  This causes my favorite workout places to become more crowded.  My yoga class is fuller, so mats are much closer than before limiting movements.  Even the high school track that I walk/jog on has more people on it; a lot of newbies who do not know the rules of courtesy when working out on the track.  I used to avoid my fitness kickboxing classes every January for these very same reasons.  I look forward to the month of February when people break their resolutions, or settle into a schedule.  It will be nice to workout without the crowds again.

As for my New Year's resolution, I didn't make any.  I didn't see the point in making any.  I already make it a point to go to yoga 3-6 days a week, walk/jog 1-3 days a week, cook at home as often as possible, let go of the small things I cannot control, make as much art as I can, and laugh as much as possible.  Oh, and I never beat myself up if I don't achieve any of these as much as I hope to.  Life just gets in the way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment