Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nap time

Sometimes you just want to lie down, close your eyes, and feel yourself sink into the ground. To feel the sensation of every single muscle in your body relax and give in to your body's need for rest.  I am craving a nap time right now.  My mind has been active since 4am, waking me up with stories.  My brain is telling me it is ready for me to sit and begin writing.  In addition to this, it is getting to that time of year where many things are going on at one time.  You would think the holidays are a busy time, but in fact, that is my down time.  It is actually end of semester that keeps me preoccupied.  I have to get ready for my students' final in a few weeks, motivate students who are not doing so well to get their behinds moving, and work on the 2 art club murals we began last week.  Plus, we need to begin the planning stages of our chalk festival that we host here on our campus.  It is a lot of fun, but a lot of planning and prep go into it.  This doesn't include my own personal goals of writing and illustrating.  I'm just happy that many of these things have lengthy deadlines, so I can balance it all with no stress or concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment