Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Art Club inspiration

Today's illustration is inspired by the activity my Art Club will be continuing today.  Before winter break, we had that strange wind storm. In response to it, my co-advisor and I thought it would be fun to make kites with our students.  We have already begun painting designs on them, but today will be the actual construction of the kite.  To bad there isn't very much wind to test these puppies out!  But we'll definitely be ready when the winds blow our way. 

In addition to kite flying, I wanted to introduce my latest Mizzle, Sanfra. He is made from some very cool socks that I had bought on my family trip to San Francisco last June.  I've began creating him during the summer, but as usual, life got in the way.  I finished him this morning and couldn't wait to draw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment