Friday, February 10, 2012

What if Mizzles had real facial features?

Continuing with my extremely active day yesterday, I ended up creating this drawing while I was waiting for my yoga class to begin. 
"Uh, what do we do now?"
This semester for my beginning art and drawing students, we are focused on portraits.  We spent a few days drawing eyes.  Today, we took notes on how to draw and shade the nose.  After spending 3 hours of drawing noses, I began thinking "what would my characters look like if they had real facial features?"  It definitely changes their feel.
It is a little funny to see them this way, but they look too human-like for me.  What I have always loved about these characters is that no matter what expression I draw them with, they continue to have a loving, caring, friendly quality about them.  They are never too scary or threatening.  They also maintain a look of innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment