Thursday, February 16, 2012

If I were cupid

If you shoot enough arrows into the air, they are bound to hit something, right?  I wonder if cupid ever closes his eyes and allows his arrows to randomly fly into the air.  Could the boundaries or rules of love be erased with this method?  I mean, could it be possible for a hawk and a squirrel to be friends?  If I were cupid, I would try to create the most random matches.  In a way this would be completely cruel because I would only be doing it to see what the results would be.  But at the same time, it would be very nice to see unexpected things happen and be successful.  Sometimes I feel like my art is that grouping of arrows I am releasing into the air and waiting patiently as I watch them land.  Sometimes you shoot too high into the air and you lose sight of it.  Sometimes you don't aim high enough.  And sometimes you shoot so many that you don't know where to look.  This was the random thought that popped into my head as I was trying to figure out what to draw.  I wanted to keep with the whole "Valentine's/ Love" theme, but am having a slow brain day. I have been mixing up student names and having students complete my sentences for me.  I am really tired for some reason, but its Thursday.  I have one more day to get through and then a lovely three day weekend.  Sleeping in will be high on my list of things to do.  Actually, knowing me, that is very unlikely, but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment