Saturday, February 18, 2012

Awesome kids

Yesterday and today has been really busy.  Yesterday, I spent the day sewing as many of my sock dolls as possible in preparation for the start of our Pennies for TLC.  I'm a bit excited about this year and have decided to embrace the insanity of the competition.  My students love it when I get competitive.  I become a hyper, insane, frantic, overly imaginative teacher. I still have 3 more to finish sewing the body shells, 2 to stuff, and 2 to sew eyes and mouths onto.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish them all this weekend.





Today, I spent the entire day with a mixed group of students from my art club and my friend's environmental club students.  We worked on the environmental club's garden.  I can't remember the last time I did such hard labor.  (Whoa! I just had a moment of deja vu as I typed that last sentence!)  We dug a path in the dirt to lay down a concrete rock pathway.  My body is unbelievably sore, but well worth it.  It turned out beautiful!
We still have plenty of work ahead of us, but little by little this area will become even more beautiful.  I can't wait for the students to finish the 2 murals and the garden!  It is so exciting to see its progress.

I am lucky to have the opportunity to work with such amazing kids.  They have the biggest hearts and are not afraid to work hard.  This particular group of kids have such enthusiasm for this project!  What makes this experience more wonderful is to see the pride they have to beautify their school!

No comments:

Post a Comment