Thursday, March 22, 2012

Input Please

I have been in the process of creating some quick drawings for some bookmarks.   I have become really fond of watercolor pencils. I am still getting used to how much color to lay down first before washing it over with a wet brush. But this medium allows me to produce simple drawings much faster than I would with colored pencils.



 Here is an image of what the bookmarks will most likely look like.  I am still playing around with font and placement.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the the collection of mizzles behind the book. I think it makes for a really clean, image-focused (if that's the right phrase) bookmark. I love the other three sketches, I am just wondering if they would make their own bookmarks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. The only problem is that the back of the bookmark looks odd with just one of images. It is too empty. I'll have to play with it more.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I'm late. I've been off line for a couple of weeks. I think your drawings look lovely. I wonder if you should orient them vertically since that's the way most people use books marks? But in any case, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback. I went with the horizontal orientation this time. I agree with you that it should probably be best if it is designed vertically. I plan on making another one for the summer conference.

    ReplyDelete