Monday, May 20, 2013

Inspired by life

I like how certain things in my personal life inspire my latest creations.  I feel like it helps me honor or show my appreciation for the things and people I have in my life.

I have been going to Fit Body Bootcamp in Brea since October.  I love it!  The workouts consist of 1-2 exercises per section and we rotate.  I enjoy the workouts because they can easily be tailored to your needs.  Everyone there is extremely encouraging and supportive.  It's like having an exercise family.  Well, we had this one workout a few weeks ago and I was just motivated to draw it.  It became one of my daily sketches.   The sketch was fun to create, but it didn't look right to me.  It felt really scrunched together. 


I thought it would be fun to do a color version.  I rearranged some of the characters and added a few more. 
I am working with Derwent Inktense Pencils. 
 
 
 
Another piece I've been working on is a painting for my mom.  A few weeks ago, she was telling one of her co-workers that she has my artwork hanging in every room in the house, except the bathroom.  I was telling my students about the conversation, when one of them mentioned that I should make a painting for her bathroom.  Another student laughed and said the painting should be of a squirrel sitting on the toilet.  I laughed really hard and then I saw the image in my head... the squirrel sitting on the toilet, and a line of Mizzles doing the potty dance waiting for their turn. 
  I am working in acrylic, so this painting is taking longer than I had hoped. But that is because it is not really a portable painting, where I can just work on it at any time or location. 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment