Monday, October 1, 2012

When it rains...

I've been MIA from the networking, digital world for a little over a month.  It has been a crazy time with family stuff, work, and Art.  In August, I participated in the Raw Artists show RADIATE.  Here is my video interview from the show: RADIATE video  It was a lot of fun and not what I had expected.  Then the school year began and for some odd reason the beginning was overwhelming and intense.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it is because I'm in a new room?  Or perhaps it is because as a department we decided to make sketchbooks?  I don't know. Regardless, I was asked to do another show with Raw Artists!  It was very different from the August show.  I sold prints, dolls, and one original painting at this event.  It felt amazing to have people crowd around my work and to see their eyes light up when they realized I was giving out stickers.  Here is the video interview from the show: ENSEMBLE video  Now, Raw Artists has opened their nomination voting for the RAWards.  If you love Mizzle Adventures, please vote for me.  You need to register your email address and create a log-in in order to vote.  Go to www.rawartists.org.  Then you can either search for Mizzle Adventures, or go to my profile at www.rawartists.org/roldan and click on VOTE! You can vote once a day for each category until October 15th!  I hope you find the time to vote.  Through all of this I became the webmaster for the La Habra Art Association.  I'm still figuring it all out, but I'm excited to try to help prevent the gallery from going under.  I'm still working on my manuscript, but I'm feeling more confident about it.  Being busy is usually a very good thing, but I'm looking forward to a little down time to catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment