Friday, November 9, 2012

Halloween Mizzle Style

I'm a little late with this blog, but Halloween and the zombie mizzle were both a success.  First, the zombie Mizzle...  It took a lot of trial and error before finally giving up on the bleaching process of the socks.  I had really hoped to fade out colorful patterned socks to make them into zombies.  Most of the socks didn't respond to the bleach, which I found absolutely amazing!  There was only one sock that faded, but it changed so little that the only way one could tell it was faded was by comparing it to the original.  I decided to just work with gray socks.  As I was sewing, I realized that showing my stitches gave an "undead" kind of feel to the doll.  I left some holes and allowed for some of the stuff to be exposed... kind of like seeing their insides. 
 
I think for my first attempt it didn't turn out too bad.  I might give it another go at a later date.

























So we all know about my obsession with squirrels.  Well, it went a step further.  I was a squirrel for Halloween!  I think this was the most amazing costume I have ever worn and that is because it was made my one of my best friends!  She is an amazing seamstress!  It was a really warm costume too, so for most of the day I went without the head piece.  I had made the tail, but I think I need to play with it to make it stand up a bit more. 

I had a lot of fun being a squirrel.  It was hysterical!  Maybe next year, I can be an actual Mizzle... or have my friend be one!
One of my intermediate students was a monkey!
Best Bud and Co-Advisor dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment