Friday, July 6, 2012

A few new pieces

There are some things that I love about summer:
  • relaxing
  • the freedom to get up and go
  • swimming
  • going to museums
  • going to the beach
  • BBQ's
  • sleeping in
  • morning yoga
But my favorite part is that I can wake up and spend the whole day painting and drawing.  I have time to spend solely on my work.  I'm a bit sad that there is only one more week of the Hero's Art Journey online course.  I feel it has given me the push I need.  I finally finished the painting from week 1.  It took forever, but I think this is one of my favorite pieces. It is the first time I used inks in this manner.  I have drawn with pen, but I have never painted with inks until now.  It was surprising fun, but tedious.


This next piece was fun to make.  It is acrylic on wood.  I forgot how much I loved painting on wood. There is something soothing and perhaps magical in how the paint glides on the wood surface.  Again, a painting of firsts, I used glazing medium to paint parts of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment